Monday, October 27, 2008

Yogi Bear - Yogi Berra

Yogi Bear & Yogi Berra in a Borrowed Genius Session

What do these two yoga masters have to teach me?

First....keep life simple.
Second....there is no second (cause I'm keeping it simple)

"Hey, Boo Boo! Let's get us some pic-a-nic baskets!"
Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear knew what he wanted and went and got it. He didn't read Freud and wonder about the maternal influcence on his inkling for things in red and white plaid. He didn't worry about how the picnic basket owner would feel, or if the contents were organic, local and fresh. You get where I'm going. He didn't ponder, he just pounced.

Now, when Yogi Berra came to me in a borrowed genius session on "The Genius Code" by Wen Wenger, I did as the Wen instructed and enter Yogi Berra's body to look out of his eyes, to learn from his perspective. He was very confident and rather matter of fact about life, and said -

"If you like it, do it. If you don't like it, don't do it."
Cathy Raymond as Yogi Berra

It seems very similar to my mentor Yogi Bear and a bit more fun than the Nike slogan, which just has me doing, doing, doing more of it, without any direction about what "it" is.

Have spiritual teachings taught me to be ok with things that aren't really ok with me? Transformation in spiritual circles in linked to ideas like "Love Thy Enemy".

What would Yogi Berra say? If you don't like it don't do it. Simple.

What would Yogi Bear say? Probably something about a picnic basket.

Lately, I feel like I've been dropped in the middle of Yellow Stone Park without the direction of my heart's compass. My heart's stirrings are evaluated, strategized and STRANGLED by my mind! I want my heart's equivalent of a picnic basket!

My heart gives me messages all the time, in simple language BIG YES! or NO! If it's not a BIG YES, then it's NO.

I get it.

I'm smarter than the average bear!

No comments: